Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Just A Thinkin!

The other day I was thinking about Union Eight and was pondering the question of what people might believe Union Eight to be. So just out of curiosity (and because I was trying to put off my routines chores), I decided to look up the word Union ... just to see what it produced.

This is what my exploration produced:

Union – The act of uniting or the state of being united. Yep, I guess it applies to Union Eight as we are united in some ways and some activities.

Union – The state of matrimony; marriage. Lordy no, that tain't us folks! Most of us are already hitched up with someone and not interested in becoming polygamists. Too much laundry and dirty dishes involved for me to even think about it.

Union - A labor union that admits all workers in a given industry irrespective of their craft. Nah, that tain't us either! Even though most of us labor night and day, we don't admit all workers in our industry into Union Eight ... and are not card carrying Union folks. With that said, there are times I do feel like striking!

Union - The act of pairing a male and female for reproductive purposes; "the casual couplings of adolescents"; "the mating of some species occurs only in the spring". Now that's just down-right tickles me innards! Somebody get me a bible because I swear that is not what Union Eight folks are up too. But it did clear one thing up for me. Do y'all get a bit friskier in the spring? Fess up!

Union - An association of individuals or groups for a common purpose. Yep, that pretty much describes us in my mind. Each of us have separate identities and contributions that we combine for a common purpose in Union Eight. Bingo, we nailed it!

Well folks, we've uncovered the true meaning of the word Union of our Union Eight group. Mystery solved ... just call me Shereluck Homes. Now, we could go and explore the word Eight, but my head hurts from thinkin' so much and I only learned to count to five anyway. Therefore, we'll let all of you figure out what the Eight means in Union Eight for yourselves.

Before you set off on your own thinkin' exploration, just take a gander at the great gear Union Eight offers!







No comments: