Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's Voting Time!

It's early voting time in my state, and I am beyond excited to get to the courthouse and vote. This is the first time that I've ever been truly ecstatic and passionate about casting a ballot. The only thing holding me back right now is that that are a bunch of other pesky issues to deal with on the ballot as well. :)

You see, I can't bring myself to vote without knowing what's going on first. In my state right now, there are lottery issues, state rep seats, and several other issues that will need to be addressed. Until I know the facts about each, I'm going to (barely!) restrain myself from casting an early vote.

As I said, I'm passionate about a certain presidential candidate this year. Since this is a group blog, I'm not going to say whom out of respect for my fellow UnionEighters (Union Eighters? Unionaters? Does that just sound weird to anyone else?). We're a diverse group with lots of varying political views, and we like it that way.

Besides, I don't care whom you vote for. Well, I care a little. Ok, I care a lot, who am I kidding? What I truly care about, though, is that you just vote. And most importantly, place an educated vote. Know your candidate. Know what he stands for. Don't read forwarded emails, watch the past debates online instead (if you missed them the first time around) so you can see what the candidates have to say for yourself. Don't base your vote on information told to you by your cousin's sister's friend who once touched Obama/McCain's friend's brother's hand and just knew he was the right one. This is your decision, and it's a big one. The future's callin', and you'll look a fool if you can't answer that phone with some facts in hand!

See you at the polls! I look forward to it. :)

Ask me how to register to Vote mug

Ask me how to register to Vote
by

TeeShirtsTShirts

No comments: