Monday, September 29, 2008

One-Eighth Of Union Eight

Hi readers!


I'm one-eighth of the Union Eight team, and although we don't want to bore you to death, we thought you might like to know a little about each one of us. I drew the short straw, so I'm first...lol.


My working past is a little varied. I worked mostly in the graphics art field, but took a few years off to join the show business community, and traveled the country as one-half of a two-girl singing/comedy team, playing almost all of the 50 states. In 1971, toured the Far East, entertaining the troops during the Viet Nam war, an experience I'll
never forget. That was probably one of the most fulfilling times of my life...being allowed to bring a "little bit of home" to our troops. Most of the guys were just kids, far away from home, scared, and very homesick.
They were so appreciative and ecstatic to see someone from home so they could forget, just for an hour, that they were involved in a life and death battle, and might not make it home again. I'm vey honored that
I was allowed to be there with them, if only for a short time.


Once I got back to the States, I went back into the graphic arts field, mainly because I was tired of traveling, and wanted to stay in one place for a while. I worked at a parade float company, designing and building floats for the Kentucky Derby parade, worked for a convention and trade show company, designing and building floor displays
for trade shows, and eventually became a sign painter. Three years ago, I discovered,
quite by accident, an on-line print-on-demand t-shirt company that allowed me to work out of my home and still stay in the graphic arts field. I jumped at the chance, and started designing my own t-shirts and other
gift items, and fell in love with the industry. I found that designing for t-shirts wasn't that different than sign painting or any of the other jobs I'd had in the past, so it was right up my alley.


A couple of months ago, I was invited to join the Union Eight team by several of my friends, and although I could say the rest is history, Union Eight is just beginning its adventure into the retail marketing field.
I'm so happy and honored to be included in this exciting new adventure we're all embarking upon, and the best part is...we're all friends. The other seven members of Union Eight are very talented designers, all of whom you'll meet
in the days to come, so stay tuned.


Here's one of my gardening designs I happen to like a lot.





No comments: